2021 Annual Graduate Recruitment Programme
Are you looking to grow your career at Deloitte? This year, Deloitte looking for candidates interested in growing a career in Audit, Tax & Legal, and Financial Advisory services.
Main purpose of the job
Deloitte currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Audit, Tax & Legal and Financial Advisory teams as entry level Associates/ Business Analysts under our Graduate Training Program.
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key performance areas
- Learning and applying Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments.
- Ensuring assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets.
- Ensuring availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally.
- Keeping abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions.
- Raising issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of data and delivery or timelines of the engagement.
- Developing productive working relationships with client staff.
- Managing information security risk in area of client engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies.
- Maintaining own development and knowledge in specialised area.
Only candidates who meet the below requirements will be considered:
- A bachelor’s degree from a local or international university in any discipline with a minimum of Second Upper or equivalent.
- Completed undergraduate studies by July 2021 or graduated in the preceding two years (2019/2020).
- Minimum KCSE overall grade of B+, with a B+ in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- Qualification or pursuing qualification in CFA, CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: https://bit.ly/3dJ2bEf
For more updates and conversations, follow us on:
Twitter @DeloitteKenya and the hash tag #JoinDeloitteEA
Facebook Deloitte East Africa
Instagram Deloitte_East Africa
Closing date: 25 April 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Competitive Edge – Brings a fresh perspective and challenges Deloitte to think differently.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance Drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic Direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
Talent Development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
Inspirational Leadership – Demonstrates awareness of strengths, differences and personal impact to motivate others.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
Whether we are working on large-scale transformations or analyzing financial data, our people are best placed to give business-changing advice and a full range of services. Core Audit serves global clients across Financial Services, Private Sector and Public sector. Deloitte strives to continuously raise the bar on audit quality and value; by delivering informed challenge, intelligent insight and building greater trust, helping to grow investor confidence.
Deloitte’s Audit service offering utilizes a comprehensive methodology designed to bring our extensive professional and technical resources to audit engagements in an efficient and cost-effective manner. In our audit process, we combine a rigorous risk and needs analysis, diagnostic processes and a client service assessment structured to provide our clients with a superior audit clearly focused on them.
Tax & Legal:
The Deloitte East Africa’s Tax & Legal team is a multi-disciplinary practice of professionals specializing in various tax & business service offerings. We offer a broad range of fully integrated tax, tailored signature solutions and insights designed to meet business needs. In line with the Tax & Legal global common storefront, our services add value to clients via three broad “impact areas”, that is, function strategy, technology & process, outsourced & managed services and advisory.
Deloitte’s Financial Advisory provides strategic advice and creates solutions that help sustain value in mergers and acquisitions. We offer a comprehensive suite of services at every stage of the mergers & acquisitions life cycle – from corporate finance, transaction services, business valuations and financial modeling, debt restructuring services, capital raising and end-to-end advisory solutions.
Typical Activities and Business Areas
- Build relationships with clients, and offer advice on a range of strategic and financial issues
- Be exposed to a range of clients throughout the year
- Get the opportunity to take responsibility very early in your career
- Work in teams on clients’ premises
- Gain experience working with senior members of your clients’ teams and will have the opportunity to add real value to their business
- Study towards a professional qualification
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.